From providing you with a comfortable chair to nurse, cuddle, and soothe your little ones, to a makeshift bed during those late nights spent cluster feeding… having a comfortable glider and/or rocker can seriously help to make or break any new twin mom’s sanity!
And regardless of whether you’re on the hunt for the best gliders for twins that are chic, budget-friendly, or comfortable enough to rival your bed, you’ve come to the right place!
We’ve rounded up the best gliders for twins that will not only look great in your nursery but also allow you to comfortably feed twins without feeling squished while doing so.
The gliders and rockers below have earned our readers’ stamp of approval as well as that from countless other moms.
In a hurry or just plain curious?
Delta Furniture Blair Slim Glider Swivel Rocker Chair with Gliding Ottoman
Although your heart may have doubled in size the first time you saw A and B on the ultrasound… your house more than likely did not.
And by the time you set up two cribs? Well, you may find you barely have room for a normal glider let alone a double wide!
Fortunately, the Delta Blair is a slim glider designed with a smaller footprint than other Delta gliders to eat up less floor space in your nursery. Additionally, a gliding ottoman is available to match the chair so that you can rest your weary feet during those late night feeds.
Due to the quality steel mechanisms, you can swivel AND glide in this chair both smoothly and quietly. And with thickly padded armrests and cushions, you’ll NEVER have to sacrifice comfort for durability.
The upholstery comes in your choice of three neutrals (taupe, cream, or charcoal) to match your little ones’ nursery. No use crying over spit-up milk, because the fabric is easy to clean and the cushion is removable.
You will probably only snuggle one baby at a time in this chair, but you may end up doing that in an extra large chair anyway. Or, if you were considering two chairs in your nursery, slim chairs like this may just be your best choice.
- Small footprint takes up less space in your nursery
- Easy to clean upholstery and removable cushion
- Comfortable with cushioned arm rests and head rest built in
- Comes with a gliding ottoman
- Not good for tandem feeding (you may be able to when your twins are newborns but they will outgrow it quickly).
- Doesn’t recline
- Some assembly is required
Baby Relax Hadley Double Rocker Chair
Snuggle up with your two little beans in this double rocker by Baby Relax, a MUST-HAVE for your twin nursery!
It is wide enough (double is a bit of a misnomer as it is actually one and a half times the size of a standard rocker) to fit two adults holding a baby or one adult with a little one on each side…in other words your twins!
Wooden rocking legs are fitted to the vast bottom of this upholstered chair to offer subtle and soothing rocking. This isn’t like the straight-backed, wooden rockers from days past that was mostly for collecting piles of laundry because no one wanted to sit in them.
This chair is used and approved by nursing twin moms who find it soft, supportive for the neck and back, comfortable, and wide enough to accommodate the My Brest Friend or Twin Z nursing pillow. You just might need a pal to hand you the babies once you get set up with your pillow (experienced twin moms will agree: logistics are everything!).
⭐️Fun Fact: The Baby Relax Hadley Double Rocker Chair was voted as the “Best Value Rocker for Twins” by our readers.
Available in two neutral shades, the Baby Relax double rocker effortlessly color coordinates with most nurseries. Additionally, the Baby Relax Double Rocker is NOT difficult to assemble. And once set up, it may even become your favorite place to lounge your pregnant self as you count down to delivery day.
Chair and a half models tend to be a bit more pricy than standard size gliders, but the Baby Relax Double Rocker is one of the most affordable in its class.
If you’re on the hunt for a double rocker that will help you cherish and create countless memories from rocking your infants to sleep to cuddling up after bath to read Good Night Moon… look no further than this affordable and stylish model.
- Wide enough to seat a parent with two babies or toddlers
- Matching storage ottoman available for purchase
- The comfort of an upholstered chair with the soothing motion of a rocker
- Works well with twin nursing pillows
- Probably need an extra person to hand you twins for nursing
- Space consuming
- Rocking motion only (as opposed to a glider, swiveling glider, or recliner)
- Assembly required or expert assembly available with upcharge
Babyletto Tuba Extra Wide Swivel Glider
In the Babyletto Tuba, you will look and feel like you are floating on a cloud! Just looking at it now makes me want to take a nap (which if you are pregnant with twins you probably want to do anyway)!
The Tuba is an oversized, plush glider with a modern look that is upholstered in one of two airy shades: sea foam and winter grey weave. Moms who have nursed in this chair have found it to be firm enough to support the back and neck but comfortable enough for even the longest of feedings.
The fabric is light in shade but tough in practice and has been proven to stand up against all manner of baby messes. Since this chair comes assembled, all you have to do is sit and relax.
The tuba resembles an arm-chair but can swivel 360 degrees and glides back and forth quietly to calm your sleepy heads. Like other chair and a half options, you can fit an adult with baby twins comfortably in this chair.
And when it comes to tandem feeding twins, the tuba has the twin mom seal of approval!
- Smooth and effortless gliding back-to-front and side-to-side
- 360 degree swiveling
- Supportive for back and neck while nursing twins
- Easy to clean fabric
- Wide enough to fit an adult with two babies
- Comes assembled
- Pillow included
- Easy to get in and out of
- Doesn’t recline, however, a matching ottoman is available from Babyletto so you can kick back
- The roominess and comfort come with a price: it is bulky so you may need to enlist help from a friend to move it in (or two friends if you are pregnant!!)
- May need an extra person to hand you twins for nursing
Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker with Walnut Legs
Twins will bring about a lot of lifestyle changes, but those don’t have to be mom bobs and minivans (unless you want them to of course!) Luckily, the Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker takes into account parents who want ALL of the functionality and comfort of a twin rocker without cramping their style!
The sleek, modern design features polished ash or walnut rocking legs on an extra wide armchair upholstered in charcoal, pebble (lighter gray), or oatmeal shades. A lumbar pillow is included, or you can accent with your own throw pillow and baby blanket to complete the look.
For such a beautiful chair you might expect to lose out on comfort or practicality, but to the contrary, twin parents found it comfortable and suitable for holding two babies.
⭐️Fun Fact: The The Nursery Works Sleepy Time Rocker has been voted as the “Most Stylish Rocker” by our readers.
Since this chair is designed for nursing, your neck and back will be supported lest you begin to resemble Quasimodo. One of the most raved about features of this chair is, surprisingly, its versatility.
Being that it is so well made and classy looking, you can even effortlessly incorporate it into a living room or bedroom once your twins move beyond the nursery *tear*.
- Comfortable and supportive for nursing
- Smooth rocking on hardwood legs
- Wide enough for rocking twins
- Gives nursery a classy feel
- Stylish design allows rocker to be repurposed in another room
- Assembly is required (including drilling holes), and some customers found it slightly confusing
- Rocker only-no swivel, no glide, no recline, no ottoman
Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Hogan Oversized Recliner
Whoever said that nursery furniture needs to come from the baby section? Some clever twin mamas have thought outside the box and gone for a living-room style oversized recliner for their nurseries, in particular, the Ashley Furniture Hogan.
The Hogan is a big, cushy, puffball. Overstuffed arms, back, and seat are upholstered in soft microfiber for the ultimate in comfort, with a pull tab that allows you to recline easily. The zero-wall mechanism built in means that this chair, while large already, may be pushed up against the wall to save space and still recline.
This doesn’t mean you need to recline WHILE you are feeding your twins, but you have the option to recline for cuddles and stories and other precious moments. Being able to sleep in the Hogan during nights when your little angels are eating every two hours is especially helpful.
Now, it is overstuffed and it isn’t exactly on the carefully curated palette of mint, coral, and gold that is splattered all over your “Baby!” Pinterest board. However, what the Hogan lacks in aesthetics, it more than makes up for in comfort with its large, cushy, reclining design.
Seriously, don’t underestimate what a beautiful thing a comfortable chair can be at 2 AM. Just don’t get too attached…it is just a chair after all.
Jokes aside, because furniture is a serious business, twin moms found this chair to work with the My Brest Friend Twin nursing pillow, and for tandem bottle feeding as well.
- Ever so comfortable and soft
- Large enough to tandem breast or bottle feed twins
- Pull the tab to easily recline, Zero Wall mechanism allows you to position recliner right against wall to save space
- Can be used in the living room later
- No rocking or gliding for bedtime
- Not the most aesthetically pleasing choice for a nursery and colors are limited
- Probably need an extra set of hands to get twins positioned
- Microfiber not as easy to wipe clean as other upholstery
- Some assembly required though it is minimal and comprehensive
Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Rocker Recliner
The Naomi Home Odelia isn’t selected specifically with twins in mind, it is just an all-around, darn good chair for ANY nursery! The microfiber upholstery has a soft, velvety feel and comes in black, white, cream, navy, mocha, and gray.
This recliner has a nice look to it, so if you pick your color wisely, your Odelia can easily be enjoyed in a living room later. Choose your own adventure: swiveling, rocking, or gliding!
There is an adjustable foot-rest that can be used on its own or while reclining. To recline there is an easy-pull mechanism that allows you to lean back to a nearly lying-down position (135 degrees) and rest those tired eyes.
⭐️Fun Fact: The Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Rocker Recliner has been voted as the “Best All In One Rocker” by our readers.
When the footrest is closed you can glide and rock front-to-back and swivel 360 degrees. The arm and foot-rests are padded for comfort, and beneath the plush cushions is a spring core to provide firm but comfortable support while feeding.
Mothers who have used the Odelia in their nurseries found the marshmallow-like padding comfortable for pregnant and post-partum bodies, but supportive and with high enough armrests for feeding. The mechanisms for motion are all quiet enough for babies to fall asleep AND stay asleep!
- Very easy to assemble, no tools required
- Allows you to rock, glide, recline, and/or rest your feet
- Comfortable and supportive
- Nice design with many color choices to match your nursery, and can be repurposed in another room later on
- Returning to an upright position from recline can require a bit of a push with the legs
- Material not as easy to wipe clean as other fabrics
- Probably too narrow for holding and feeding twins simultaneously (though maybe feasible when newborn)
Wrapping Up the Best Gliders for Twins
So, there you have it! From the surprisingly affordable Hadley Double Rocker Chair to the undeniably chic and versatile Sleepytime Rocker, it is my utmost desire that this list has helped open your eyes to the many options available to you.
And while you may be faced with skepticism from a penny pinching husband, partner, or boyfriend, it is important to remember that a glider/rocker isn’t just a chair… it’s a comfortable and safe environment for tired and sore mamas to nurture, feed, and love on their babies in.
Sure, gliders are often revered as “unnecessary luxuries”, but ask any twin mom (or mom in general!) who had one and the answer will be a resounding “YES” when it comes to whether you need one or not.
Trust me when I say, your exhausted mind and body (not to mention baby daddy!) will be glad you bought one during those long and grueling days when you’re craving every bit of comfort possible. After all, you and your babies are worth it.